Saturday, August 29, 2020

Hanging him is probably not going to do anybody much good

 THIS WAS A GREAT AUTHENTIC SERIES. 

FOYLE'S WAR

Samantha Stewart: Can I ask you something? Were you tempted to let him go? I mean, even for a moment.

Foyle: Yes, I was. Yeah. I mean, hanging him is probably not going to do anybody much good, and I suppose he had a point.

Samantha Stewart: But...?

Foyle: I'm a policeman, I'm here to do a job, it's as simple as that. If I start bending the rules, I might as well pack it in.

Samantha Stewart: Yes, but... she was a German.

Foyle: Well, that doesn't make any difference at all. She's a human being, and she was murdered. Murder is murder. You stop believing that, and we might as well not be fighting the war... because you end up like the Nazis.


No comments:

Post a Comment